If you’re one of the businesses that were affected by the Covid-19, you might want to innovate and change some of your tactics considering the situation that we’re in right now.
In this video, she talked about how to optimized Instagram’s bios and what kind of post you should be posting that clients definitely want to see post-covid before they feel comfortable booking.
Communication is really important that’s why communicating with your clients even on lockdown and other shutting down of businesses emergency is vital to keep the relationship flowing.
Social media is how you can do it smoothly. It’s one way to still get in touch with clients.
WHAT TO WRITE IN THE BIO:
- Your expertise. Write whatever you think makes you unique from other stylists.
- Other services you offer.
- Specific schedule of availability,
- Put a link on how can they easily book on you and to your new policies.
- Phone number, Address, E-mail Address.
- For DMs, if you’re not available all the time, auto-replies would be a great option.
- For Facebook, pin post of your most needed information like new policies, reopening date, how-to book with you, etc. You can also put that on your cover photo.
WHAT YOU SHOULD POST
- Photo of you in the salon.
- Adding personality to your profile is a plus. Make it personal by adding captions on how you miss your clients, what are your plans after covid, and other particular things that you feel necessary to mention.
- It could be multiple photos of your salon’s reopening, new policies, how to book an appointment, and how safe and sanitized your salon is.
3. Promotional posts.